Monday, 18 May 2009

Crystal......

...Clear

Here we have an excellent contribution to the collection from fellow Newton enthusiast Ron Parker in the form of a superb technical drawing which Ron himself describes below: (Click on the image to see the full size).

Over to you Ron..

-----

'This is the original graphic created for a tutorial I wrote called,

http://webpages.charter.net/quadzillanet/HOWTO-WirelessAppleTalk.pdf

HOWTO-WirelessAppleTalk.pdf

The entire tutorial was typed and edited using Newton Works on my eMate and MessagePad 2100. Final post production, was of course, done on my Mac.

Included in the GIF is the ultimate reason for experimenting with, as well as documenting, my experiences. I get bragging rights for being truly wireless, with my Newton. And, for having done so (probably) for the longest amount of time than any other Newton user.

Ron A. Parker

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
RAParker
QuadzillaNET
  |\/|\ @ Newted.ORG
  |/-|/ @ Quadzilla.NET
  |\ | @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
From the "Who says, 'Size Doesn't Matter'" file:
  Ever notice, when someone comments on your Newton PDA,
  the first thing they say is, "Wow, that's a big one."'

---

Nice one Ron, Newton Art has just grown up!


1 comment:

  1. Ron, that's an excellent piece of work: clearly written, well illustrated, easy to understand. After several months of trying to connect my MP2100s wirelessly to the Internet via a Snow Airport (see my posts about this in about February to Newttalk), I only wish that such a clear explanation were available on that matter!

    David

    ReplyDelete

Please email adhill@letterboxes.org to be added to the list of contributors or email me your GIFs, JPEGS, screenshots etc and I'll upload them for you. Alternatively contact me and send me a print out or fax. Or if all else fails I may be able to send you a Newton compatible flash card to copy your creations onto and send back to me. Last but not least I'll fly over and collect them..


Followers